Webinar: A conversation about approaches to community engagement on antibiotic resistance across the globe
- Date: –15:30
- Location: Online. Link sent to registered participants.
- Organiser: Uppsala Antibiotic Center, ReAct & Antibiotic Smart Sweden
- Contact person: Eva Garmendia
- Phone: 018-471-4902
Join the first event of our collaborative initiative "Innovative approaches for community-wide engagement on antibiotic resistance - A webinar and workshop series to promote systematic and meaningful engagement of communities and civil society groups as key stakeholders in the global response to antibiotic resistance."
This webinar will explore approaches and key learnings from community engagement initiatives on antibiotic resistance worldwide. More specifically, we will (i) introduce community engagement in the context of antibiotic resistance, (ii) provide insights into ongoing initiatives from both high- and low-and-middle-income countries, and (iii) explore key learnings from related fields. The learnings from this webinar will set the basis for the following webinar on evaluation and impact, as well as the final workshop, where we will have a hands-on discussion and dive deeper into strategies and methods for community engagement.
14.00 Welcome and introduction by moderator (Kerstin Åkerfeldt, ReAct)
14.10 Keynote presentations by:
- Camilla Björn, Antibiotic Smart Sweden
- Sushil Chandra Baral/Rebecca King (TBC), Community Engagement for Antimicrobial Resistance (CE4AMR)
- Florence Anam, Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+)
- Daniel Waruingi, Students Against Superbugs (SAS)
14.45 Panel discussion with moderator and questions from the audience
15:25 Concluding remarks