The AMR Studio
The AMR Studio is a podcast dedicated to highlighting the multidisciplinary research on antimicrobial resistance that is happening around the world. Formatted around interviews with professionals working in all aspects of the topic, we aim to bring the global and trans-sectorial nature of the fight against antimicrobial and antibiotic resistance to anyone with an interest. You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
The AMR Studio team is composed by Eva Garmendia -UAC coordinator-, Po-Cheng Tang -PhD student- & Jennifer Jagdmann -PhD student- (left to right).
LIST OF Regular EPISODES
- Episode 1: Antibiotic Resistance, the UAC & World Antibiotic Awareness Week. Monday November 12th 2018.
- Episode 2: Kevin Outterson, CARB-X director; AMR burden in Europe; a new anti-gonorrhoeal drug. Monday December 10th 2018.
- Episode 3: Anne Kveim Lie & antibiotic futures; antibiotic stewardship in humans and animals. Monday January 7th 2019.
- Episode 4: Coll De Lima Hutchison & anthropology of microbes; fecal polution & AMR; multidrug resistant plasmids in Acinetobacter. Monday February 4th 2019.
- Episode 5: Steven Hoffman & international law; heteroresistance; AMR funding. Monday March 4th 2019.
- Episode 6: Sophie Helaine & bacterial persistence; breakpoint discrepancies; ABR in the media. Monday April 1st 2019.
- Episode 7: Ayako Ebata & agricultural economics; report to the UN secretary on AMR; targeted killing in bacteria. Monday May 6th 2019.
- Episode 8: Gerry Wright, a biochemist in AMR; a successful phage-therapy treatment; an emergent resistant fungal infection. Monday 3rd of June 2019.
- Episode 9: Chantal Morel & health economy; non-profit antimicrobials; reversing resistance in M. tuberculosis. Monday July 1st 2019.
- Episode 10: Ep 10. Fredrik Almqvist, chemistry on AMR; treating heteroresistance; policy interventions reviewed. Monday August 5th 2019.
- Episode 11: Ep 11. Caroline King & the humanities on AMR; screening experiences; non-traditional therapeutics. Monday September 2nd 2019.