The AMR Studio
The AMR Studio is a podcast dedicated to highlighting the multidisciplinary research on antimicrobial resistance that is happening around the world. Formatted around interviews with professionals working in all aspects of the topic, we aim to bring the global and trans-sectorial nature of the fight against antimicrobial and antibiotic resistance to anyone with an interest. You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
The AMR Studio team is composed by Eva Garmendia -UAC coordinator-, Po-Cheng Tang & Jennifer Jagdmann -both doctoral candidates- (left to right).
LIST OF Regular EPISODES
- Episode 1: Antibiotic Resistance, the UAC & World Antibiotic Awareness Week. Monday November 12th 2018.
- Episode 2: Kevin Outterson, CARB-X director; AMR burden in Europe; a new anti-gonorrhoeal drug. Monday December 10th 2018.
- Episode 3: Anne Kveim Lie & antibiotic futures; antibiotic stewardship in humans and animals. Monday January 7th 2019.
- Episode 4: Coll De Lima Hutchison & anthropology of microbes; fecal polution & AMR; multidrug resistant plasmids in Acinetobacter. Monday February 4th 2019.
- Episode 5: Steven Hoffman & international law; heteroresistance; AMR funding. Monday March 4th 2019.
- Episode 6: Sophie Helaine & bacterial persistence; breakpoint discrepancies; ABR in the media. Monday April 1st 2019.
- Episode 7: Ayako Ebata & agricultural economics; report to the UN secretary on AMR; targeted killing in bacteria. Monday May 6th 2019.
- Episode 8: Gerry Wright, a biochemist in AMR; a successful phage-therapy treatment; an emergent resistant fungal infection. Monday 3rd of June 2019.
- Episode 9: Chantal Morel & health economy; non-profit antimicrobials; reversing resistance in M. tuberculosis. Monday July 1st 2019.
- Episode 10: Ep 10. Fredrik Almqvist, chemistry on AMR; treating heteroresistance; policy interventions reviewed. Monday August 5th 2019.
- Episode 11: Ep 11. Caroline King & the humanities on AMR; screening experiences; non-traditional therapeutics. Monday September 2nd 2019.
- Episode 12: Christian Munthe & AMR Ethics; ethical prescriptions; persisters & plasmid transfer in the gut. Monday October 7th 2019.
- Episode 13: Claas Kirchhelle & a historian's role in AMR. Review of progress on Antimicrobial Resistance. Monday November 4th 2019.
- Episode 14: Catherine Will & messaging on AMR. Framing Resistance. Reports update. Monday December 2nd 2019.
- Episode 15: Jasper Littmann & policy on AMR. Preclinical pipeline. Development challenges. Monday 13th of January 2020.
LIST OF special EPISODES
- Episode X1: Mirko Ancillotti & public awareness of antibiotic resistance.
- Episode X2: Young researchers at the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
- Episode X3 & X4: Communicating AMR. Special two-episode series for the World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2019.
- Episode X5: Hacking AMR 2019. Special episode bringing to your a AMR hackathon that took place in Stockholm in 2019.