Episode 1: Antibiotic Resistance, the UAC & World Antibiotic Awareness Week
We launch our newest outreach project, "The AMR Studio", with the occasion of the World Antibiotic Awareness Week.
In this first episode we feature a short introduction on what antibiotics and antibiotic/antimicrobial resistance are, an in-depth interview with the management team of the Uppsala Antibiotic Center and we talk a bit about what the World Antibiotic Awareness Week is.
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to our first episode right here:
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week by WHO and the activities happening around the world.
- European Antibiotic Awareness Day by de ECDC
- Antibiotic Forum by the Swedish Health Agency and Swedish Agricultural Agency
- Origin and evolution of antibiotic resistance. Classical in-depth academic review about antibitiotic resistance.
- Antibiotic Resistance: A Primer and Call to Action. More recent overview of the problem, the burden to global health, mechanisms and possible solutions.
- What Will It Take to Address the Global Threat of Antibiotic Resistance? Opinion article on the actions needed to solve the problem. The authors will be part of our podcast in the coming episodes.
- Attributable deaths and disability-adjusted life-years caused by infections with antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the EU and the European Economic Area in 2015: a population-level modelling analysis. Latest report of direct burden of antibiotic resistance infections in the European Union.