Ep 27. Helle Aagaard & AMR advocacy. Stewardship & access plans. Resistance & artificial sweeteners.
Welcome back to The AMR Studio dear listeners. This month, we bring you an interview with Helle Aagaard, deputy director at ReAct, who has recently, as lead author, published a new report looking into sustainable solutions for access to effective antibiotics for everyone, everywhere. Listen to her story to learn more about her background and entry into policy and advocacy, and some insights into the new report. Fixing the problems around antibiotics all around the world is no easy feat, but what is it needed and where should we start? In the news section we bring you the recently published "Stewardship and access plan development guide" and a publication looking into the potential role that artificial sweeteners might have on the spread of antibiotic resistance. We hope you enjoy this episode and look forward to next ones!
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to our 27th episode right here:
- ReAct's website.
- Ensuring sustainable access to effective antibiotics for everyone, everywhere – How to address the global crisis in antibiotic Research and Development” report.
- Stewardship & Access page at CARB-X
- Press release on Stewardship and Access Plan guide.
- Stewardship & Access Plan Development Guide full text.
- The role of vaccines in combatting antimicrobial resistance. Review article commented during the news section.
- Nonnutritive sweeteners can promote the dissemination of antibiotic resistance through conjugative gene transfer. Article discussed in the news section.
- Commonly used sweeteners may promote antibiotic resistance. Popular news coverage of the article discussed in the news section.
If you have any comments and suggestions you can email us here, or tweet to us (@UAC_UU) using the hashtag #theAMRStudio.