Ep 50: Sophia Wood & an AMR exhibition. Preventing resistance evolution. Policy briefs at EU & WHO.
Welcome to our July episode, just before the holidays! This month, we bring you an interview with Sophia Wood, designer, and teacher at the Beckmans College of Design. Sophia led a group of design students through the “interdisciplinary waters” as they prepared to make an exhibition about AMR which they named “Are We There Yet?”. Tune in to learn about her background, their process, and what this exhibition is all about, and check our pictures from the exhibiton below!
In the news section, we first bring you a scientific article about a compound reducing the mutagenesis that results from the use of ciprofloxacin, and two important news related to policy: a recommendation recently adopted by the Council of the European Union, and a priority research agenda brought forward by the World Health Organization. We hope you enjoy this month, we see you back in September. Have a lovely summer ahead!
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to our 50th episode right here:
- Sophia Wood's webpage, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Website for the exhibition "Are We There Yet?".
- Article about the exibition.
- Drugging evolution of antibiotic resistance at a regulatory network hub. Scientific article covered in the news.
- Tackling antimicrobial resistance: Council adopts recommendation. Press release for the recommendation on AMR adopted by the Council of the European Union.
- Global research agenda for antimicrobial resistance in human health. Presentation of the latest policy brief by the World Health Organization.