Ep 6. Sophie Helaine & bacterial persistence; breakpoint discrepancies; ABR in the media.
Here we are one month more! In this episode you have the chance to learn about antibiotic persistence and the differences between this and antibiotic resistance with Dr. Sophie Helaine from the Imperial College London. In our news section we talk about a recent report published on the discrepancies of breakpoints between different antibiotic susceptibility systems, and a very good media article about antibiotic resistance.
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to our sixth episode right here:
- Sophie Helaine's page: relevant info about her research and latest publications.
- EUCAST: European Commitee on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing.
- CLSI: Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute
- Impact of CLSI and EUCAST breakpoint discrepancies on reporting of antimicrobial susceptibility and AMR surveillance. Original research article talked about in the news section.
- The drugs don’t work: what happens after antibiotics?. Comprehensive and good article published on The Guardian on antibiotic resistance.
If you have any comments and suggestions you can email us here, or tweet to us (@UAC_UU) using the hashtag #theAMRStudio.