Ep X2. Young researchers at the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
Welcome to another live episode at The AMR Studio! This time we are coming to you live from ECCMID2019, the annual European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. We had the pleasure to interview 5 young researchers coming from around the globe (Australia, Norway, Spain, France & the USA) about their current projects and work. Listen to this episode to learn more antibiotic resistance transmission in cystic fibrosis patients; the characteristics of Mycobacterium abscessus; virulence in Acinetobacter baumannii; the user perception of antibiotic resistance; and rapid identification/antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
Interviews contained in this episode:
- Steven Taylor - timepoint 5min 8s
- Hanne Brekke - timepoint 12min 10s
- Gema Labrador - timepoint 17min 7s
- Anais Essilini - timepoint 21min 28s
- Sahil Sheth - timepoint 26min 27s
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to this special episode right here:
- ECCMID: Official congress website.
- TTA - Turning the Tide of Antimicrobial resistance: norwegian network aiming to combat AMR by securing optimal diagnostics and drugs. Hanne Brekke is part of this consortium.
- Steven Taylor's ResearchGate page.
Posters available online:
- Hanne Brekke's: Unique characteristics of Norwegian Mycobacterium abscessus/chelonae complex strains.
- Anais Essilini's: Perceptions of antibiotic resistance by the general public: a qualitative study.
- Sahil Sheth: Impact of rapid identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing on antibiotic therapy and outcomes for patients with Gram-negative bacteraemia or candidaemia at an acute care hospital.