The AMR Studio: UAC's podcast on multidisciplinary AMR research
We launch our newest outreach project, "The AMR Studio", with the occasion of the World Antibiotic Awareness Week.
The AMR Studio is a podcast dedicated to highlighting the multidisciplinary research on antimicrobial resistance that is happening around the world. Formatted around interviews with professionals working in all aspects of the topic, we aim to bring the global and trans-sectorial nature of the fight against antimicrobial and antibiotic resistance to anyone with an interest.
In this first episode we feature a short introduction on what antibiotics and antibiotic/antimicrobial resistance are, an in-depth interview with the management team of the Uppsala Antibiotic Center and we talk a bit about what the World Antibiotic Awareness Week is.
You can follow us and subscribe to our podcast to get new episodes directly in your preferred device and platform:
or you can listen to our first episode right here:
The AMR Studio team is composed by Eva Garmendia -UAC coordinator-, Po-Cheng Tang -PhD student- & Jennifer Jagdmann -PhD student- (left to right).
- World Antibiotic Awareness Week by WHO and the activities happening around the world.
- European Antibiotic Awareness Day by de ECDC
- Antibiotic Forum by the Swedish Health Agency and Swedish Agricultural Agency
- Origin and evolution of antibiotic resistance. Classical in-depth academic review about antibitiotic resistance.
- Antibiotic Resistance: A Primer and Call to Action. More recent overview of the problem, the burden to global health, mechanisms and possible solutions.
- What Will It Take to Address the Global Threat of Antibiotic Resistance? Opinion article on the actions needed to solve the problem. The authors will be part of our podcast in the coming episodes.
- Attributable deaths and disability-adjusted life-years caused by infections with antibiotic-resistant bacteria in the EU and the European Economic Area in 2015: a population-level modelling analysis. Latest report of direct burden of antibiotic resistance infections in the European Union.