Projects at Uppsala Antibiotic Center
Uppsala Antibiotic Center started funding 14 PhD projects in 2017 and 14 additional ones in 2021, all relating to antibiotics and the fight against antibiotic resistance. These projects are located at the three disciplinary domains at Uppsala Univeristy (UU) and at the Swedish Agricultural University (SLU). Aditionally, we support 3 tenure-track researchers, one in each disciplinary domain at UU. Check details for every project in the left menu or cliclicking the title project below.
List of PhD Projects
Medicine & Pharmacy
- Can early treatment with antibiotics affect the risk of type 1 diabetes?
- Colistin & pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics.
- Systematic mapping of antibiotic usage patterns among sick children across LMICs.
- Improving access to diagnostics to combat antimicrobial resistance.
- Horizontal gene transfer & antibiotic resistance.
- Antibiotic susceptibility testing with microfluidics technology.
- Understanding and improving antibiotic prescribing at a tertiary hospital.
Science & Technology
- Heteroresistance & antibiotic-susceptibility testing.
- Understanding metronidazole resistance.
- Formation of persister bacteria in Salmonella and the role of ProQ.
- Targeted eradication of bacterial pathogens.
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Antibiotic prescription in Swedish primary care consultations.
- The socio-economic conditions for Swedish antibiotics research.
- Understanding the Swedish antibiotic stewardship.